Who can use this Data Provider Agreement?
If you are getting content for your website from a third party, this data provider agreement is for you.
What is this Data Provider Agreement for?
This Data Provider agreement, in letter form, is for use where a company commissions a supplier to provide data on a royalty basis for use on the company’s website.
What are the main issues?
The main issues include:
- copyright: you need to be sure that the supplier owns the copyright and will take responsibility if there is any third party claim
- timing: if the delivery date is important for your business, make this clear in the agreement and
- editorial rights: you may need to edit the content, in which say so in the terms
- payment: if you are selling the data, then there will probably be a royalty arrangement and the data supplier will receive a percentage of the sales price
What detailed terms does the Agreement contain?
The main points cover:
- editorial rights
- supply of documents
- royalty payments
- a general clause addressing third party rights, governing law and dispute resolution
For more information on each of these sections, see our Explanatory Notes below which you will also receive when you download the document from our website.
For information on signing documents see our Contract Signing page
When I download the document, can I change it and/or use it more than once?
Yes, all ContractStore’s templates are in MS Word and you can use the contract on more than one project. For more information, watch the video on this page of our website or see our FAQs
ContractStore supplies templates and is not a law firm. But experienced lawyers write all our templates, so we can arrange legal assistance for customers who need special terms in one of our documents or a bespoke template. . For more information see our Legal Services page. For more information see our Legal Services page.
Contract Author – Giles Dixon
And if you want to contact us see our Contacts page.
If you have any questions about a contract and/or want to see the Explanatory Notes before you buy, please let us know by using our contact form
You may also find these contracts of use:
Who can use these Terms & Conditions of Sale of Goods Online? Anyone who has a website selling goods, in particular to consumers can use this Ecommerce Terms and Conditions template. What are these Terms…
Who can use this Consultant Appointment? Any company or organisation that wants to engage an independent consultant or freelance individual to provide services. What is a Consultant Appointment Letter for? It sets out the terms…