What is this Waste Disposal Contract for?
A business involved in waste collection and disposal can usefully use this waste disposal contract. While fairly balanced, it is written from the contractor’s, rather than the client’s, point of view.
What are the main issues?
A waste disposal contract is a fairly practical document and it covers scope of services, frequency of collection, contract duration and fees.
Specific issues include
- the contractor’s duties with regard to recycling, shredding of confidential data and other disposal
- the client’s duties with regard to hours of access to its premises for waste collection, ensuring that waste containers do not include inappropriate material – e.g. metal objects in a paper recycling bin
- liability and insurance – this can cover liability of the contractor at the client’s property as well as when waste material is in transit
- complaints procedure: it is useful to have a system per written notices if the client has any problem with the contractor’s workforce etc.
What detailed terms does the contract contain?
There is a one-page form of agreement, a set of terms and conditions and a schedule which will specify details of the services, charges, frequency of services and of payment etc.
The main points cover:
- definitions & interpretation
- provision of services
- charges and payment
- firm’s obligations
- client’s obligations
- insurance & loss of property
- suspension of services
- force majeure
- no soliciting of firm’s employees
- law & disputes
- a general clause detailing waiver, severability, assignment and the scope of the agreement
For more information on each of these sections, see our Explanatory Notes which you will receive when you download the document from our website.
And if you want to use the Notes, let us know by using our contact form
For information on signing documents see our Contract Signing page
When I download the document, can I change it and/or use it more than once?
Yes, all ContractStore’s templates are in MS Word and you can use the contract on more than one project. For more information, watch the video on this page of our website or see our FAQs
ContractStore supplies templates and is not a law firm. But all our templates are written by experienced lawyers so we can arrange legal assistance for customers who need special terms in one of our documents or a bespoke template. . For more information see our Legal Services page.
Contract Author – Giles Dixon is an English solicitor, with over forty years’ experience of drafting and negotiating commercial and construction contracts in the UK and overseas.
And if you want to contact us see our Contacts page.
If you have any questions about a contract and/or want to see the Explanatory Notes before you buy, please let us know by using our contact form
You may also find these contracts of use:
Who can use this Confidentiality Undertaking? Any business wanting a short confidentiality undertaking from an individual whose services they are about to engage should use this document. What is this Confidentiality Undertaking for? By getting…
Who can use this Services Agreement? Any company or organisation that wants to engage another business, freelancer or sole trader to provide services can use this services agreement template. What is this Services Agreement for?…