Who can use this Security Services Contract?
This Security services contract template is designed for use by a business providing security services or security guards.
What is this Security Services Contract for?
It sets out the terms agreed between the business and the client. It comprises a short one-page agreement plus terms of business. And there is a schedule to be completed for each job, detailing the services and the charges.
What are the main issues?
Most of the issues are practical – dealing with access to the client’s premises, security systems, frequency and duration of services etc. some other issues include:
- Especially in a security business, a client will want an assurance from the company that it has vetted all personnel engaged in providing security services. The company may want to clause that prohibits the client from offering a job to any of their staff
- Access and safety systems the client has to make appropriate arrangements and, if night work is involved, premises should be properly lit and health and safety rules on site and may be relevant
- Client loss of property: the company will want to avoid liability for any loss or damage unless this is proved to be their responsibility. In that case, the company should have adequate insurance to cover the risk
- Force majeure: unforeseen events might prevent the company from doing its job and a force majeure clause to protect them from responsibility is sensible
What detailed terms does the contract contain?
The main points cover:
- obligations of the security firm and its client
- fees and payment
- loss of property
- limits on liability
- quality of staff including CRB (Criminal Record Bureau) checks
- prevention of staff ‘poaching’ by the client
For more information on each of these sections, see our Explanatory Notes which you will receive when you download the document from our website.
And if you want to use the Notes, let us know by using our contact form
For information on signing documents see our Contract Signing page
When I download the document, can I change it and/or use it more than once?
Yes, all ContractStore’s templates are in MS Word and you can use the contract on more than one project. For more information, watch the video on this page of our website or see our FAQs
ContractStore supplies templates and is not a law firm. But all our templates are written by experienced lawyers so we can arrange legal assistance for customers who need special terms in one of our documents or a bespoke template. . For more information see our Legal Services page.
Contract Author – Giles Dixon is an English solicitor, with over forty years’ experience of drafting and negotiating commercial and construction contracts in the UK and overseas.
And if you want to contact us see our Contacts page.
If you have any questions about a contract and/or want to see the Explanatory Notes before you buy, please let us know by using our contact form
You may also find these contracts of use:
Who can use this Services Agreement? Any company or organisation that wants to engage another business, freelancer or sole trader to provide services can use this services agreement template. What is this Services Agreement for?…