Who can use this IT Support and Maintenance Contract?
If you have a business providing IT services to your clients, you should use this IT support and maintenance contract.
What is this IT Support and Maintenance Contract for?
It is suitable for a one-man business as it is for a larger company sets out the basis on which the software support business will provide services.
.What are the main issues?
- Scope of services need to be identified carefully – probably in a detailed schedule. Also, say whether they involve office visits or will be provided remotely. And will there be out-of-hours services or a help-line?
- Fees and payment: often there will be a basic monthly charge an additional services paid according to a schedule of rates
- Duration: how long will the agreement last and how can it be terminated? These issues need to be specified.
- Responsibilities of customer/client: these can include ensuring proper maintenance, not making unauthorised modifications and promptly notifying any problems
- Limits on liability are needed for the service provider, in particular to avoid any claims for financial loss if there is a computer failure or software failure
- Proprietary rights in the service provider’s software need to be protected, with ownership clearly reserved
What detailed terms does the contract contain?
The main points cover:
- definitions and interpretations
- scope of services
- fees and payment
- responsibilities of customer
- warranty and liability
- intellectual property and confidentiality
- force majeure
- assignment and sub-contracting
- the scope of the agreement
- governing law
For more information on each of these sections, see our Explanatory Notes which you will receive when you download the document from our website.
And if you want to see the Notes, let us know by using our contact form
For information on signing documents see our Contract Signing page
When I download the document, can I change it and/or use it more than once?
Yes, all ContractStore’s templates are in MS Word and you can use the contract on more than one project. For more information, watch the video on this page of our website or see our FAQs
ContractStore supplies templates and is not a law firm. But experienced lawyers have written all our templates, so we can arrange legal assistance for customers who need special terms in one of our documents or a bespoke template. For more information see our Legal Services page.
Contract Author – Sharon Benning-Prince
If you want to contact us see our Contacts page.
If you have any questions about a contract and/or want to see the Explanatory Notes before you buy, please let us know by using our contact form
You may also find these contracts of use:
Who can use this Services Agreement? Any company or organisation that wants to engage another business, freelancer or sole trader to provide services can use this services agreement template. What is this Services Agreement for?…