Who can use this Gardening Contract?
Anyone who runs a gardening business can use this Gardening Contract.
What is this Gardening Contract for?
Individuals and firms providing gardening services sometimes find that clients do not fully appreciate the nature of the business. So, when you have a written contract, this can be easier, as it will contain some details of the scope of services as well as the practical issues of access, charges and payment etc.
What are the main issues?
- A gardening firm will usually have someone dedicated to work for particular clients, but this cannot always be guaranteed so they need some flexibility to provide a substitute. And the client will want an assurance that all staff are competent and experienced
- Access and equipment. The client has to give access on agreed dates and this can include providing a key or explaining the security arrangements. If the client is to provide equipment, this should be identified.
- A gardening firm will want to limit liability e.g. by excluding any liability unless this is due to proven negligence. They will also want to maintain adequate insurance.
- It can be useful to set out a complaints procedure which might include time limits and notices in writing
What detailed terms does the contract contain?
There is a one-page form of agreement, a set of Terms of Business and a schedule which contains the details of the work, the location timing and frequency of visits.
The main points in the Terms of Business cover:
- definitions and interpretations
- provision of services
- fees and payment
- firm’s obligations
- client’s obligations
- loss of property
- client complaints
- suspension of services
- force majeure
- soliciting of firm’s employees
- law and disputes
- a general clause detailing the scope of the agreement, waiver, third party rights, severability, assignment and notices
For more information on each of these sections, see our Explanatory Notes which you will receive when you download the document from our website.
And if you want to use the Notes, let us know by using our contact form
For information on signing documents see our Contract Signing page
When I download the document, can I change it and/or use it more than once?
Yes, all ContractStore’s templates are in MS Word and you can use the contract on more than one project. For more information, watch the video on this page of our website or see our FAQs
ContractStore supplies templates and is not a law firm. But all our templates are written by experienced lawyers so we can arrange legal assistance for customers who need special terms in one of our documents or a bespoke template. . For more information see our Legal Services page.
Contract Author – Giles Dixon is an English solicitor, with over forty years’ experience of drafting and negotiating commercial and construction contracts in the UK and overseas.
And if you want to contact us see our Contacts page.
If you have any questions about a contract and/or want to see the Explanatory Notes before you buy, please let us know by using our contact form
You may also find these contracts of use:
Who can use this Services Agreement? Any company or organisation that wants to engage another business, freelancer or sole trader to provide services can use this services agreement template. What is this Services Agreement for?…