Giles Dixon, construction solicitor and founder-director of ContractStore, explained recently to Your Home Renovation about why you need contracts for your Self-Build Project. The discussion covers essentials like:
- why you need a contract with a builder
- what should be in the contract
- how to terminate a contract
- who should write the contract
- how to handle it when a contract seems too formal or the builder doesn’t want to use one
Using contracts is particularly important for self-build projects and this discussion illuminates the reasons. You can find self-build contracts on our website here.
Visit Your Home Renovation for the full article or watch our own video on Self Build Contracts.